Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 1

First fact - All ways Maui want to go fishing with old brothers but they said "You're so skinny we might mistake you for some bait and throw you overboard for the fish to eat."

Second fact - Maui chit himself hard on the nose and use the blood to catch the huge fish. 

Third factMaui's giant fish became known as the North Island of Aotearoa, and Maui's canoe the South island.

This is my first activity for 2017 - 2018 Summer Learning Journey. For this activity I read a story called Maui and the giant fish. Then I had write about 3 interesting facts about Maui and the giant fish. I was fun doing this activity and I learned about new Maui stories. Because I know one of the Maui stories it is called Maui slowed the sun and how Maui brought fire to the world.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mikihiro,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you over the summer as part of the Summer Learning Journey. It's great to see that you have made a start on these activities! Well done.

    These are all really good facts you have learned from the story about Maui and the Giant Fish. Maui's brothers were quite mean to him, weren't they! I wondered why they were so mean to him while I was reading the story. Why do you think they were so mean?

    It's great to see that you have heard some other Maui stories! He is a very large part of Aotearoa's mythology so it's good to know something about him. Do you have a favourite story about Maui? I always loved the story about how he slowed the sun when I was younger!

    I look forward to reading more of you blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Mikihiro,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team!
    It's great that you enjoyed learning more facts about Maui and that you found this activity fun.
    Dig in and keep blogging, I can wait to see your next post!
    Kia Kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miki
    I enjoyed reading your blog post about Maui and would love to see you completing more of the SLJ activities. Keep trying hard. I look forward to reading your next post.
    Mrs A :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miki
    Well done on completing your first summer learning journey activity. Your facts about Maui are great. I wonder why Maui's brothers didn't want Maui to fish with them. Keep up the excellent work Miki, I hope to see you do more activities.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete